Saturday, April 21, 2007

The 30 day countdown has begun


Happy Primavera! Spring Blossom photo by Chongolio

It has been a very busy last couple of weeks for me but feeling like I am ready for the jump over to the islands. I bought one way tickets to Kauai last week and will be leaving, on Aloha Airlines flight 441 out of Oakland, for a new adventures on May 15 at 8:20 am. For some strange reason it took me three days of staring at the "purchase ticket" button before I could finally bring myself to click on it. I just stared at it wonderin' about how a little button has the ability to completely change my life just by the simple click of a mouse. The next big step is getting my van and things onto the boat in Oakland at the end of the month so they will be waitin' for me when I arrive. Days have started to really fly by now, but I feel I am right on schedule. There are a few more loose ends here and there but nothing I can't handle.

I have been emailing a lady in Lihue about renting a room and doing some yardwork in exchange for rent. However, nothing has been confirmed and I have not be given much details about the entire situation. I ended up not going with the Family over to Kauai because the timing just didn't work out. However, while my Mom was out there she did some recon for me and reports that there are plenty of rooms for rent and help wanted posts on the local bulletin boards. Mom even was trying to get me lined up with a job at an ATV tour outfit and brought me back a local paper filled with all types of housing and job oppurtunities. So I am not at all worried about it. What's gonna happen is gonna happen and I will be there when it does.

No comments: