Monday, September 15, 2008

Forbidden Island Parking lot Sale 2008

Well I woke up with a sore throat and a little crispy around the ol gilligans, but it was worth every dusted brain cell. Mahalo to Martiki, Mike, Mano, Rebecca and all the staff of F.I. for again putting together what has become one of my favorite events. Small enough to keep it real and big enough to handle a nice sized mob. Thank you, Thank you, thank you to everyone who picked up a little piece of Chongolian art and dropped compliments as well. The best part is knowing my art is going to be owned by some of the coolest people a dude can meet and call friends. More Mahalos to Danny from Tiki Hana as well as Jim and Bruce from the Leisurenauts for gifting me the shirts.

Extra super coolness was too be able to share a booth with Lake Surfer, do some tradin' and getting a cool new necklace and awesome carved Honu. Also very nice to be within ice cube throwing distance of Jungle Trader and Unga Bunga. It was an privilege too meet Kuku and Tobunga in person and see Tobunga's art up close, awesome creations brah!

Happy Birthday to Polynesiac and Mai "it's drivin' me nuts" Tai. I really can't put into words how good it was to see and catch up with so many old friends again and meetin' a few new ones too. It's gonna really make leavin' next week a bit sad.

You can see all my pics on my Flickr page

No comments: