Monday, August 09, 2010

punk bow progress (side)

Holes drilled in side of plank for the rivets. I used a illustrator to make a template to mark the positions where the holes were drilled

punk bow progress (top)

The plank for a diddley bow Atari Punk Console hybrid. You can see the tuning peg and the bridge mounts

Simon 2 case mod (front)

the front of a Simon 2 case that got a faux rust treatment and will house an Atari Punk console and maybe a four step sequencer circuit

Simon 2 case mod (back)

the back of a Simon 2 case that got a faux rust treatment and will house an Atari Punk console and maybe a four step sequencer circuit

robot toy case mod 1

robot toy disassembled, primered and textured with sand and ready for a faux rust paint job

robotoy (before)

Robot toy found a salvation army. I thought it would make a good Atari Punk Console case. Still messin' around trying to find some bends

2 comments:

R.Knockside said...

I'm looking at your Diddley Bow punk bow progress (side) picture & I'm trying to work out, what are the the holes in the side for. As far as I know, a Diddley Bow doesn't have frets so what are they for?

Chongolio said...

Aloha R. Knockside. Those hole for some wood buttons that I have glued in to them as a faux rivet of sorts. Pure decoration only with no reference to fret board or sound. Sadly the bow has been in a bit of hiatus as I work to finish other projects but it's time to get put back in the loop is coming soon.

BTW- I dont really update this blog anymore and have started using my facebook page and my Wordpress blog for updates you can find them by clicking the links below:

http://www.Chongolio.com

http://www.facebook.com/chongolio