Saturday, February 03, 2007

James Michener's 100th Birthday


February 3, 1907-October 16, 1997


James Michener is one of my favorite authors and I have read and re-read many of his books. Favorites of mine being Hawaii, Rascals in Paradise (co-written with A Grove Day), Caribbean and Mexico. Reading his books made me feel like I had traveled back in time and witnessed first hand the adventures and events he wrote about. When reading one of his books I feel a little more smarter. I always regret coming to an end of a Michener novel and wish they just kept going.

Here are a few James Michener Links:

James Michener on Wikipedia

James Michener on It Happend in History


-- In an age of anxiety men seek a refuge. Because of some deep urge, constant throughout history, troubled men traditionally dream of islands, possibly because the smallness of an island invites the illusion that here the complexities of continental societies can be avoided, or at least controlled. This is a permanent, world-wide dream.
James A. Michener


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.