Monday, June 25, 2007

Lychee Pickin'


A few weeks ago my friend Carol, who works with me at Island Art & Screenprinting and also runs The Tea Treasury, asked me if I was interested in coming over to her house to help her husband Frank pick Lychee. If you never had fresh lychee you don't know what you are missing! They are nothing like the canned in syrup one you find in the markets on the mainland. A fresh lychee is one of my favorite things to snack on over here. I jumped at the chance to get a free bag of these tasty little tropical fruits. The lychee have a spiky skin that is easily peeled away to reveal what looks and feels like a squishy eyeball. You pop that puppy in your mouth chew around the seed and let your taste buds rejoice. What made it even better is that Carol had also made some of the Coconut Pouchong Green Tea that she sells on her site. My mouth never had it so good!

No comments: