Friday, May 18, 2007

So long Kauai Palms Hotel


The view from my room at the Kauai Palms Hotel

Today I am checking out of the Kauai Palms Hotel and going to go campin' around the island until I can find housing. The Kauai Palms Hotel was a nice humble accommodation at with a very reasonable price and friendly staff. My $65.00 a night room was small and modest yet clean and comfortable. There was cable TV, a small fridge , coffee maker and ceiling fan to keep the room cool. There was no phone in the room but that didn't bother me because I have a cell phone. For the most part the place was quiet with the exception of the roosters that live all over the island and some street noise from being located on a small side street.

The hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport and downtown Lihue. Markets and shopping are all within walking distance too. My only complaint was that to get on the hotels wireless network I had to sit in the lobby which wasn't awful just inconvenient and distracting. I also had a big shiny cockroach in my room one morning but I have been told before I left the mainland that I better get used to them because they are everywhere.

With a very reasonable price, a amiable and helpful staff and central location, I would defintly recomend the Kauai Palms as a super place to stay when visiting Kauai.

So I am off to check out a potential room rental over on the westside in Kekaha, and explore that side of the island and do some camping. I also have some illustration work to do for the silkscreen shop that it looks like I will be working for in the near future. More post will come as I find time and wi-fi Hotspots.

1 comment:

Yoshiko said...

We plan to travel to Kauai this
September. As we are looking for inexpensive hotel near airport for the final day, your review is helpful.